- Kia’s global sales in 2021 reached 2.78 million units, up 6.5% year-on-year : Sales in overseas markets increased 9.1% year-on-year
- Kia sets target to sell over 3 million units globally in 2022 : Maintaining sales growth with optimized production and EV leadership
Kia Corporation announced today that it sold 2,777,056 vehicles in 2021, a 6.5 percent increase year-on-year.
Kia’s 2021 sales in markets outside of Korea saw a 9.1 percent increase from the past year to 2,242,040 units. Sales in Korea totaled 535,016 units.
For December 2021 alone, Kia’s global monthly sales slid 4.0 percent from a year earlier to 208,965 vehicles.
By model, the Sportage SUV topped the 2021 global sales ranking with 363,630 units, followed by the Seltos SUV with 298,737 units and the Forte sedan (known as the K3 in Korea) with 240,627 units.
Kia achieved growth in total sales last year, thanks to its effective supply chain management strategies and the successful launch of new models, including the Kia EV6.
In 2022, Kia is targeting global sales of 3.15 million units. By region, Kia expects to sell 562,000 units in Korea and 2.59 million vehicles in markets outside of Korea.
Kia plans to maintain its sales momentum in 2022 by minimizing the impact of supply chain disruptions with optimized production plans while securing leadership in the global electric vehicle market with its unique electrified mobility lineup. This year, Kia will introduce several highly anticipated models, such as the Kia EV6 GT and the all-new Niro, reflecting the company’s commitment to become a sustainable mobility solutions provider.
* Sales results are based on wholesale.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
* This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on current expectations about possible future events. Our actual results may differ due to a variety of factors.