- August global sales at 217,204 units, up 0.1% y/y
- Sales in Korea recorded 41,003 units, up 6.6% y/y
- Sales outside of Korea recorded 176,201 units, down 1.4% y/y
- Kia to maintain sales momentum through competitive new vehicles including the EV6 battery electric vehicle and all-new Sportage
Kia Corporation recorded total global sales of 217,204 units in August 2021, a 0.1 percent increase year over year.
The Sportage and Seltos SUV models led Kia’s global sales in August, selling 32,388 and 20,561 units respectively. The Rio subcompact sedan (also known as Pride in some markets) closely followed by selling 17,769 units.
Sales outside of Korea
Sales outside of Korea decreased 1.4 percent from a year earlier to 176,201 units. The decrease mainly resulted from the disruption of the semiconductor supply chain around the globe.
In the regions outside of Korea, Sportage led the sales momentum with sales record of 25,817 units. The record is followed by Seltos which sold 17,837 units then Rio which sold 17,769 units.
Kia recorded sales of 41,003 units in Korea, a 6.6 percent increase from August 2020. The all-new Sportage launched in July led the company’s sales in its home market.
Kia will continue to focus on maintaining positive sales momentum and enhancing profitability through new models, such as the EV6 battery electric vehicle and all-new Sportage SUV.
Kia will also continue to take pre-emptive measures to minimize business risks stemming from resurgence in COVID-19 cases and supply issues.
* Sales results are based on wholesale.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.