- First international mobility event of this year, first sessions topics: “Autonomous Driving”, “Shared Mobility” and “Connected Car”, keynote speaker Sandra Phillips on shared mobility during pandemic
The first international mobility event of 2020 will be held in Berlin and will include discussions with top decision-makers from the tech community on the topics of “Autonomous Driving”, “Shared Mobility” and “Connected Car”.
Berlin, 17 July 2020 – SHIFT Mobility, the first international mobility event of this year, will present international top speakers discussing the mobility concepts of the future as part of the IFA on 3 and 4 September. It even kicks off with a highlight: “Connect and Rule? Connected Vehicles and Digital Mobility Services” is the title of the first session on Thursday, at which high-profile speakers from industry and science will address the topics of “Autonomous Driving”, “Shared Mobility” and “Connected Car”. The keynote speaker is Sandra Philips, the founder and CEO of Movmi, who had this to say: “If we don’t want to have more cars in our cities again after the pandemic, we need a transport system that is reliable, safe, affordable and resilient; an ecosystem that combines shared mobility and local public transport.”
The other speakers at the exclusive live event in Berlin are:
- Alba Jiménez Mateos, Shotl: He presents a system that boosts the efficiency of transport companies in an intelligent way – and will soon be rolled out at Munich airport, among others.
- Jeff Schneider, Uber Advanced Technologies Group: He reports on how autonomous driving makes traffic safer.
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Lenz, German Aerospace Center (DLR): She will share some of her expertise on automated transport systems.
- Prof. Nicholas Evans: The philosophy professor will talk about ethical problems that need to be solved in relation to self-driving vehicles.
- Raunaq Bose, Humanising Autonomy: Digital solutions that are set to improve communication between humans and technology.
About SHIFT Mobility:
SHIFT Mobility is an international and interactive format dealing with the future of mobility and its eco-systems. It is a subsidiary of IFA Berlin, the world’s leading consumer electronic show. The central meeting point of the SHIFT Mobility community is the annual convention and curated exhibition at IFA.
In addition, SHIFT presents throughout the year with its own and communication platform and with its own boutique events on site at international events such as CES in Las Vegas, SXSW in Austin, Salon del Mobile in Milan, Smart Mobility Tel Aviv, Co-Motion LA as well as SHIFT Mobility Week in June 2021.