The all-new Mach 1 will bridge the gap between the Mustang GT and Shelby models, just as the original did, providing functional aerodynamic enhancements, suspension upgrades and a new standard of 5.0-liter V8 track-ready performance.
The Mach 1 engineering and design teams collaborated to recapture the Mach 1 style, while still meeting the high aerodynamic demands of the engine, transmission and braking systems. The 2021 Mach 1 style includes:
- Updated exterior design including faux lamp elements and a low-gloss Magnetic pony badge
- Satin Black side and hood stripes with reflective accent stripes in any of three colors: Red, White and Orange.
- A Handling Package which includes a larger unique higher downforce front splitter and new front wheel lip moldings
- A new two-piece upper grille, lower grille and valance, and new side grilles, contributing to more demanding aero and cooling performance requirements
- A new underbelly pan, the most aerodynamically important upgrade, extending 20 inches further to smooth and increase the airflow under the car
Furthermore, the new Mach 1 works to improve ride and handling with the latest MagneRide calibration, a stiffer steering shaft, new EPAS calibration, a brake booster, stiffer sway bars, front and rear subframes, and split fitment wheels with Michelin PS4 tires.
The all-new 2021 Mustang Mach 1 will be available in U.S and Canadian Ford dealerships in the spring of 2021, followed by global availability across Ford showrooms in 53 countries.